One Grave at a Time: A Night Huntress Novel

One Grave at a Time - Jeaniene Frost Jeaniene really goes to great lengths in finding ways how not to kill a vampire. Also, did I mention they have more lives than a cat?

Anyway, this book wasn't at the same level as the rest of them. There was something missing, a spark, more tension or simply something more personal. It still had an interesting plot and no one can really get enough of Cat and Bones (as well as Spade and Denise if you ask me) but it felt like there was no real danger and everything will turn out great. I knew that Cat was the third chosen woman early in the story and that Sarah was a traitor. It was so obvious that I actually sighed. It was too predictable. That just left me to see how exactly the story will play out even though I already knew all the major guidelines. And there was a complete lack of Vlad, unforgivable. Even Mencheres was mentioned but no Vlad. I really missed him.

All in all, I did enjoy this book and maybe it didn't live up to my expectation because Jeaniene spoiled us with her previous masterpieces.